Most existing hydraulic structures in Russia were built 50 - 180 years ago and only 31% of the structures possess a normal safety level, the rest of them possess low to dangerous safety levels.
Wear and tear of most structures occurs due to material corrosion influenced by natural and industrial factors.
A type of concreting where concrete mixture is applied to a work surface using compressed air. Shotcreting advantage over other methods lies within complete mechanization of processes incorporated into a single working operation - concrete transportation, laying and compaction. As a result of shotcreting a soil stabilizing coating possesses unique properties:
- increased mechanical strength (В 60-80 / Btb 3,6-6,0)
- frost resistance F 400-1000
- waterproofing > W 12
- working surface adhesion > 2.0 MPa
- increased crack resistance
- no microcracks caused in concrete matrix structure
- metal reinforcement is not damaged
- metal reinforcement is cleaned by pressurized water application
- only damaged concrete is eliminated
- industrial equipment enables to reduce total expenses for entire repair works